[FreeNX-kNX] sharing a nx session

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Wed May 7 09:35:45 UTC 2008

Hi,
"Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I try since the morning, to get session shadowing working, but yet no
> > luck.
> > Additionally to the FreeNX server 0.7.2 I installed nomachine
> > nxclient-3.2.0-9 and x11vnc-0.9.2-20.
> > Further I defined a password with nxpasswd.
> > On the client host, I also use nxclient 3.2.0, there I configured the
> > session type to be "Shadow", instead of Unix. I first logged in as the
> > user,
>
> Use session type VNC.
that seems to have worked, for a second or two ;)
At least the nxclient from NoMachine crashes, when configured as a VNC
session. It takes about 2 seconds after I see the Desktop, then it
disappears again, without notice.
However, I started a first session with knx, as user A, then I started
nxclient and configured it to use VNC session, and what can I say, it just
works! However, I saved the password for the VNC connection, but knx still
asked for the password again, when I logged in.

thanks a lot
Sebastian