[FreeNX-kNX] Running free nx and windows nx client with ssh "no password authentication"

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Tue May 6 16:03:00 UTC 2008

Thanks Fabian

That almost works perfectly. With the changes to node.conf (I copied it
from node.conf.example and made the changes) - I was able to make an nx
connection with ssh "passwordauthentication no". Strangely - I am
running centos 5.1 server - and have only "root" in "wheel" but was able
to log in with nx with non root users.

This is exactly what I want... but....
Now, if I log in as root (and I know I shouldn't) the connection stops
after about 1 minute whether it is busy or not... and it says
"connection timed out". There is also a second nx client tab which seems
to be stuck with "negotiating link parameters". This window appears
(underneath) even when the connection seems to be working fine - and is
still there when the connection has timed out.

If I log in as a non root user - there is no second window and no timeout...

Any ideas why I am getting this timeout symptom, and why I am able to
log in as a non root user even when the user is not in wheel?

Thanks.

Richard.