[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on Debian (Etch)

Martijn Evers martijn4evers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:52:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to run FreeNX on Debian (Etch). The same client with another
Debian system running Nomachine's NX works. The FreeNX install however,
starts the session but at some point the window of the NX client
disappears. The session itself however remains intact. In the file
'session' under the user's .nx directory/C-freenx the following error is
displayed:

Error: Aborting: no fontset found

I can however run X applications on my client when running xming. Apart
from the error mentioned, the server seems unaware of the fact that no
window is presented on the client.

The server:
freenx:/usr/NX/bin# ./nxserver --status
NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 2.1.0-72 OS (GPL, using backend: 3.1.0)
NX> 110 NX Server is running
NX> 999 Bye

Any clue?