[FreeNX-kNX] fail2ban and freenx

jhonyl at netscape.net jhonyl at netscape.net
Fri Mar 14 05:47:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

  I started to use fail2ban, an application that read log files and when
it finds an IP that is trying to login too many times and failing it
blocks it in the firewall for ten minutes. This is to prevent
dictionary attacks. I wanted to see if it finds my nx login failures
but unfortunately when nx client is login in it first login from its IP
using the key, and then using a password from 127.0.0.1. So the
failures are registering on 127.0.0.1 and not on the real IP.

  Please tell me if there is some log file where login failures would be
registered with the real IP and the time of failure.  Or if I can
modify something to get that.

 Regards.