[FreeNX-kNX] freenx for Mac OSX

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed Mar 5 14:58:56 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Gregory Carter wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I was wondering is there any activity out there in getting freenx
> server working on the mac for remote Mac desktop connections?

Since AFAIK the Mac doesn't use X for its desktop this is a nonstarter. NX is
an acceleration method for the X protocol so it can't help with the standard
Mac desktop, or the Windows desktop for that matter.

> If not, can I ask what the list uses as a NX alternative to remotely
> connect to their Mac's?

VNC of one sort or another I suspect. I don't use Macs but a quick search
gives:
http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc/