[FreeNX-kNX] Can FreeNX connect to local session?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Tue Mar 4 22:26:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 15:59 -0600, Joe Baker wrote:

> Bass Kozz wrote:
> | So it would be able to connect to the local session, meaning as if I was
> | sitting behind the terminal?
> | Or would it be a completely new session?

Yes, you can connect to the local X11 session via FreeNX.
How it works, is that you share the local X11 session with VNC (X11VNC,
or similar) then you can connect to it using a VNC session from the NX
Client.

If you don't want the VNC part, you would have to use NX Client locally
as the local X11 session, then you would be able to resume this session
remote.

	/Terje