[FreeNX-kNX] [BUG] Alt/Ctrl keys get stuck

Hai Zaar haizaar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 22:40:36 UTC 2008

Good day!
I use yakuake app on my remote nx desktop. yakuake is a popup konsole
window for KDE.
I use Alt-~ key sequence to bring it on and off.

The problem is that occasionally after pressing that combination, Alt
key gets stuck - i.e. it looks like nx think that its always pressed.
Unfortunately, I've not found a way to release it - pressing keys
again and again, punching keyboard, even reconnecting the session does
not help.
I can't even close the session - I can't press nx client dialog
buttons cause it thinks its Alt-click - had to connect via ssh and
kill nx session.

It happens both from Windows and Linux clients. I've got two remote
servers - one is debian testing and the other is my custom
linux-from-scratch build.
LinuxFromScracth has freenx-0.7.1/nx-3.1
Debian testing has latest freenx-0.7.2/nx-3.2 (Jeremy ubuntu rebuilds)

Here is how to reproduce it
 1. Start nx client
 2. Connect to some server where you has suspended KDE desktop
session, where you have yakuake running and Alt-~ shortcut is set to
pop out yakuake.
 3. As desktop just starts to appear - type repeatedly Alt-~ randomly
pressing and releasing each/both keys

After doing some more tests, It looks like this stickiness happens  when:
1. Nx is "busy", i.e. loading session, redrawing (when switching
to/from fullscreen)
2. You tap a key sequence that is assigned to some global KDE shortcut.

For example, you can assign Ctrl-space to "switch to next keyboard
layout" in kcontrol, then tap Ctrl-space several time while nx is
"busy" - you'll get your Control key stuck.

Again, this bug is very disturbing, since I've found to no way to get
out of stickiness rather then killing the session.

--
Zaar