[FreeNX-kNX] Announcing Debian/Ubuntu FreeNX Team

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 27 07:31:19 UTC 2008

Dear Marcelo,

Am Samstag, den 26.07.2008, 21:17 -0300 schrieb Marcelo Boveto Shima:

> I am pleased to announce that a team working on FreeNX Debian package
> has been created on launchpad. The team contact is
> freenx-team at lists.launchpad.net.
>
> A repository is available for Ubuntu on FreeNX Team PPA:
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu hardy main

These are great news.

> Everyone interested in joining the Team, please apply on launchpad.

I am a little bit confused, since sometimes you write Ubuntu and
sometimes Debian.

Could you please clarify what your real goals are. Is your aim to “just”
package freenx or also to get it included into Debian?

If it is the former one, than there are already some efforts going on
for Debian [1] and Ubuntu [2].

If it is also the latter one, than there is also a list for packaging it
for Debian [3]. You can take a look at [4] for some links with
explanations why it is difficult to include freenx into Debian (although
some packages were added to the archive). I think they are waiting for
the rewrite to finish.

Anyway, thanks for your answer in advance. I hope all you people doing
great work packaging freenx get in touch with each other and you do not
waste time by without doing so.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=freenx-knx&m=121425608831981&w=2