[FreeNX-kNX] freenx keymaps questions

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Feb 29 14:42:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am relatively new to freenx but so far it is working well. The biggest
problem I am having is making sure that I understand which machine the keys
I am typing are being executed on. For instance If I am in a freenx session
that is not full screen and I do <alt-F2> I get a run application screen
on the local machine. The only way I can get the run application box on
the remote machine is to run freenx full screen.

Is there a way to do the equivalent commands on the remote machine?

Is there a way to switch out of full screen mode without killing or suspending
the remote session. For example If I am using rdesktop to a windoze box I can
start up a session full screen, but when I want to get out of it I can do
<ctrl-alt-enter> and it will shrink the display so that I am able to minimize
the session and switch desktops. When I want to go back to the remote session
pressing <ctrl-alt-enter> again makes the session full screen.

I am running the freenx server on a Centos-5 machine and my client is running on
a Fedora 8 machine running gnome.

I have googled for this information and looked at the nomachine website but so
far no luck.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com