[FreeNX-kNX] Starting a second application within an already established session

Bernhard Donaubauer Bernhard.Donaubauer at bayerwald-online.com
Wed Feb 27 15:34:00 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2008 16:18:50 schrieb Terje Andersen:
> The way I've seen people report that they use the rootless mode (when
> in need of several windows), is that they start their applications
> from the xterm window which then will be started inside the same
> session. Another solution is to create a serverside script that does
> this for you, and start this script instead of the xterm (defined in
> the client).

Ok - to start applications from the xterm would be a solution for me as an IT
man but not for simple users. They need a button they can click on on their
desktop to get the app they need.

I am testing nx as an Windows - X - Server replacement for inhouse and home
office employees. I thought it could do this but now I am not sure.

Regards,
Bernhard Donaubauer