[FreeNX-kNX] Install Freenx on Debian etch amd64

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Mon Feb 25 15:39:12 UTC 2008

Installing the nomachine server and freenx at the same time will cause
conflicts, and it is likely neither will work. freenx uses the GPL version of
the nx libraries released by nomachine. It is functionally similar to the
nomachine server, but is otherwise unrelated. You should use either freenx or
the nomachine nxserver, but not both at the same time. Your best bet at this
stage is probably to remove all trace of both the nomachine and freenx
installs and start again using one or other.

I can't comment on installing from source as I have only ever used packages on
gentoo and fedora. Debian and ubuntu packages have been made, but may not be
up to date. You should find package locations and installation instructions
if you search the archives.

If you're lucky there's a debian user reading this that can point you in the
right direction.