[FreeNX-kNX] usb pen devices.

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Mon Feb 18 17:04:23 UTC 2008

> Thanks for getting back.
>
>> install ltspfsd on the thin client and copy lbuscd + udev scripts
>> (/etc/udev/rules.d/15-ltsp-block.rules;
>> /etc/udev/scripts/ltsp-device.sh) from the LTSP site. Install ltspfs on
>> the server and copy lbussd and lbus_event_handler.sh from the LTSP site.
>> Follow the scripts to see if all works like it should. Ask if you have
>> any questions. Hope this helps :)
>
> I'm stuggling through this.
> I couldn't find lbuscd or /etc/udev/rules.d/15-ltsp-block.rules or
> /etc/udev/scripts/ltsp-device.sh from the LTSP site.
> I couldn't find lbussd or lbus_event_handler.sh on the LTSP site either.
> So I've copied them from a ltsp4.2 installation I've got going here.
>
> So now I think I'm getting closer, but, how is the client to know
> where its lbussd server is?
> If I remember right, that is set in lts.conf (SWAP_SERVER?).
> But I am not booting ltsp because the nxclient is on fat client.
>
> Thanks.
> Chris.

The files from the LTSP (udev, lbus ...) are copied from ltsp4.2
installation, I remembered now :) So you can get everything you need
from there ... about the quistion "how is the client to know where its
lbussd server is?" the answer is: through the magic environment variable
"$NXUSERIP" which is exported by the nxserver on the nxnode :) in the
two scripts that are running in the user session there are variables
that points to the thin/fat nx client.
For lbussd it is: my $server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP};
For lbus_event_handler.sh it is: WS=${NXUSERIP}
I don't remember how is the original thou ...
So this is how the server "knows" where the client is.
If you can not see this variable set in your users environment you must
set EXPORT_USERIP="1"in your /etc/nxserver/node.conf! So this is nx
magic not ltsp. If you can not find one of the programs or scripts that
I mentioned I can send it to you.