[FreeNX-kNX] Attaching to a session from multiple locations

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:50:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 10:32 AM, Terje Andersen <terander at guard.zapto.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 01:13 -0500, Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> > As far as I know, this really only works if you are using the same
> > client (not just OS). But actually this (suspend/resume) works for me
> > fine from my Mac OS X NX client and my VMWare Windows image NX client.
>
> IIRC, the sessions need to have the same color depth/geometry to make
> this work. Since I don't use the nxlibs >2.x, I might be wrong regarding
> this.

This may be it.  One of my systems is in 24 bit and the other in 32.
AFAIK these end up being identical (at least in X) but it must be a
technical hurdle that can't be overcome by NX.  I'll see if I can get
it to work in 16 bit.

I'm also using Windows for one client and Linux for another, which
could make a difference.

Thanks,

Michael