[FreeNX-kNX] 2 freenx server with same client.id_dsa.key

cedric briner work at infomaniak.ch
Mon Feb 4 10:57:01 UTC 2008

SOLVED !!!

>> I'm wanting to provide two freenx server with a unique client.id_dsa.key
>> for the client. So they will only have to choose which server they want
>> to use to switch from one to the other.
>>
>> But I thought that things will be easy:
>>

>> but.. it is not working at all.
>>
>> Am'I missing something ???
>
> Yes, telling us what error you get.
Yes when you do a :
scp freenx-server1:/usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/\* /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/

you also copy known_hosts, which will contain an entry:
127.0.0.1 with the key host of fai-server1
when you would like to have the key host a fai-server2.
and then BANG nothing is working... it take me quite a couple of time to
  point out the problem.

What could be good is to have nxsetup to be as:
Syntax: nxsetup --help
         nxsetup --install [--setup-nomachine-key] [--uid <nummber>]
                           [--clean [--purge]]
         nxsetup --uninstall [--purge]
new-->  nxsetup --check-install  [--clean]

the --check-install will provide an easy way to see if the nx server is
well configured. It will be a good idea to be able to laucnh it
indepedently from --install.
And in the --clean option we could add a
  - rm -f /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/known_hosts
  - echo "rm /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh/known_hosts"
Because this file is anyway generated automatically with the help of
nxserver.

Ced.

Ced.

--