[FreeNX-kNX] firefox 3 poor image quality

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:55:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer at plzk.de> wrote:
> * Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> [07.08.2008 10:35]:
>> However, this is not really 'acceptable' (and please add smileys here,
>> I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings). Why o why do I have to use
>> 8 more bits with firefox 3 when with firefox 2 16 did suffice? I
>> understand that I am running a *testing* distribution but lenny is
>> already frozen and in a few months (hopefully) this excrement will hit
>> the fan for a lot of no machines servers.
>
> Keep in mind, that freeze means only, that no new packages enter that
> repository, and that by now, fixes will be made to the packages in
> lenny with severity critical, severe and serious.

firefox 3 *has* entered the repositories, otherwise I would not have
gotten it through an update. Maybe for local installations of debian
this wil not be a problem, but I sure think this can be a pain for
nomachine servers with debian which will get firefox 3. OTrher
distributions will probably have this same problem, I know I had it
with the official firefox from mozilla.org, not the debian package.

--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo