[FreeNX-kNX] Load Balancing

Kurt Godric kgodric at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:02:08 UTC 2008

I am currently running the load algorythm on a cluster with 20 nodes and it is working well.  Although I do see the issue with not being able to load balance the master nodes, there may be ways around it by using a commercial load balancer like a ServerIron.  I have yet to explore the capability, but I plan to.

My plan is to take 2 masters and build replication between the two.  Then configure them as independent NX load balancers and then create a clister VIP address from the SLB appliance that uses the MAC address of the client computer to create a session token that ensures that the session remains static through the specific route.  If the master node that session is on happens to stop working, all they need to do is reconnect and resume their session from through the other master node.

No idea if it will work, but it is worth a try.