[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx 0.7.2 + !M NX 3.2.0?

Jeremy Wilkins wjeremy at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 30 07:02:29 UTC 2008

That is a very good question that has a difficult answer.  I don't think I
can say that I am an official maintainer of FreeNX on Ubuntu, but I'm also
not sure if even Marcello is or not.  I have looked at Marcello's packages
and for the most part they are good and he tries harder to stay current.  My
goal is mostly to stay current enough and as stable as possible.  My repo
has NX 3.1.0 which works for me best and I have had glowing reports from
people that have used them, and I have plans to move to 3.2.0, but not
before I have rigorously tested the packages since many people rely on them
working.  I have had people post that they tried Marcellos' ones without as
good a success, but that is their opinion and I would guess they may not
have followed instructions properly.  I would also guess if everything
worked for them I would not have heard from them anyways.  I think I started
building the packages first (or at least had a repo first), but that doesn't
mean anything either.  I also maintain a forum as much as possible to help
people with installing FreeNX on Ubuntu.  I started as the forum page
mentions because of the terrible NX support on AMD64, which I must say
thankfully is improving now.