[FreeNX-kNX] .bash_profile - Source it or not source it - that is the question

Al Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Apr 17 08:59:16 UTC 2008

I think we are a login shell, and should default to using the profile files.
If some people are better off without them then there's no harm adding it as
a config option, with the default being the current behaviour of sourcing
them. I wouldn't be surprised if skipping the profile files causes other
problems, so the option may be better as a diagnostic tool; if setting
SKIP_PROFILE_SOURCE=1 sorts your problem then you need to fix your profile
scripts.