[FreeNX-kNX] Help with FreeNX

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Tue Apr 15 07:05:00 UTC 2008

----- Melding fra bublikoff at gmail.com ---------
     Dato: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:14:28 +0600
      Fra: Sergey Toroshchin <bublikoff at gmail.com>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
     Emne: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Help with FreeNX
      Til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>

> I think first of all u need to check if everything is OK try
> nxloadconfig --check
>
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
>> Well I am trying to connect from client and I keep getting this dialog:
>>
>> "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host
>> 192.168.1.100"

This error message can indicate that the SSHD is not correctly configured for
FreeNX usage. Try stopping the SSHD and start it manually like this:

   sshd -d -d -d -f <configuration_file>

(configuration_file: Specifies the name of the configuration file.  The
default is /etc/ssh/sshd_config.)

The SSH Daemon will not go in background mode, writing more debug info to the
system logs, and should indicate potential problems when you try to login
from a NX client.

You should also enable logging in the node.conf file - set it to atleast 4, or
higher. Check that the logfile exists and that the 'nx' user has write access
to it.

You should check out this FAQ page for FreeNX too:
http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ/Server

Look for the text "80% of the authorization problems are ssh related".

Also (I don't know Arch Linux), if using SELinux you need to allow the FreeNX
communication - I would try to disable SELinux first, if it's installed.

        /Terje