[FreeNX-kNX] freenx-client 0.9 feedback

Sat Apr 12 18:43:28 UTC 2008

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some feedback from trying to build freenx-client 0.9 release:
>
> a) it does not build with gcc 4.3. see attached patch
>
> b) qtnx can still not install itself. see other attached patch
>
> c) as qtnx needs pkgconfig to resolve the libnxcl, which is built in the other
> subdir, I think it would cause less pain for the packagers of those two sub
> directory would be separated in different tarballs. They don't share a common
> build system anyway.
>
> d) the source code claims to be GPL v2+. GPL however requires to ship a GPL
> license in a file named COPYING as part of the package. this doesn't seem to
> be the case. Please clarify the actual license of the code. Also, list of
> authors etc is missing as well, but I fetched them from the actual source
> file.
>
> e) the autoconf/automake requires of libnxcl are extremely high, while it
> seems to build just fine with older version of autotools, once those are
> fixed. Is there a reason for that? this is a problem for older distributions.

Also, we (CentOS) needed to add 2 patches to this to get the "id.key" to
work properly (that is to be read out of the nxml files and not out of a
`pwd`/id.key file.

nxcl-chmod-600-keyid.patch changes the key created in /tmp/ to 600

qtnx-multiple-id-key.patch uses the key created in the /tmp/ dir (from
your nxml file) if it exists, and if not then looks for `pwd`/id.key

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes