[FreeNX-kNX] [RFC] Installation of freenx (server) and a NX

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.L-H at gmx.de
Fri Apr 11 11:09:09 UTC 2008

Hi

On Freitag, 11. April 2008, Durk Strooisma wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Please try krnl.nl in stead of kern.nl. The repository was moved, as
> announced in a mailinglist post some time ago.

Before recommending it, you really want to run lintian (fix the broken
sonames, wrong architecture for freenx, copyright and redistributability
issues, native packaging, etc.) and take a look at why it is FTBS (in sid)
though. Furthermore nxproxy 3.1.0-2-1 and nxcomp 3.1.0-6-3 have entered
Debian recently, which makes these packages conflicting for sid and lenny.

I don't claim to have reviewed the packages in depths, but these are
pretty obvious and serious bugs which need attention before exposing them
to the general public.

> Regards,
>
> Durk

Regards