[FreeNX-kNX] can't open display when running nxproxy

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Tue Sep 25 07:15:08 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have found a solution to my problem establishing a tunnel manually. As
I am running on solaris I installed the nxnode package from nomachine
additionally to the self compiled nxproxy, then I did the following:

- On my local machine I enabled access to the Xserver from all sources
with the command "xhost +"
- on the machines that did take part in the tunnel I created a .nx
directory in ${HOME}.
- then I started nxagent as follows "/usr/NX/bin/nxagent -R -display
nx/nx,link=modem:8 :1" on the X-client
  machine
- on the local machine I did run /opt/nx/bin/nxproxy -S <nxagent host>:8
- now I logged in to the X-client host once more redirected the DISPLAY
to <hostname>:1 and started my
  application

Cheers,

mark