[FreeNX-kNX] Free Nx

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:36:53 UTC 2007

On 10/09/2007, Gary Waters <gwaters-spam at paradise.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Hi Jo,

Hey Gary.

> I understand FreeNX doesn't do session shadowing per say, but can you
> configure it to use the
> current desktop?

What do you mean, current desktop? The real xorg desktop? Yes, that's
possible with x11vnc, I think. You don't have to open it's ports to
the world, unless you want to. You can connect locally from within the
nx session.

> Do you have suggestions for a uniform desktop from any where?

I don't understand. It's easy to create a desktop that looks the same.
You know that you can move a session from one client to another if you
just suspend it first? If you're running in fullscreen mode, just
press ctrl+alt+t and you'll be given three choices: suspend, terminate
and cancel.

Hope that helps.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad