[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Phil Stricker stril at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 08:04:06 UTC 2007

Hi!

> Yeah, okay so it is that _windows_ problem again.
>
> I have an idea. You could try to change the server version to 2.1.0. It might help, because NX client sends different parameters regarding on reported server version.
>
> This change must be done in nxloadconfig, where it says 1.5.0-70. Change that to 2.1.0-70.
>
> For the other idea:

After changing the value of nxserver-version, the client can't connect
anymore. It stops at "Negotiating Link Parameters".

>>> Hm, sure ...
>>>
>>> If we can't fix the issue with the client (which would be the best), you
>>>
>> could try to change nxserver:
>>

> Okay then the addition would be:
>
> # HACK change session from starting nxdesktop to
> # start nxagent + rdesktop in full screen.
>
> if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
> then
>    type="unix-application"
>    application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam kbload | cut -d'/' -f2) $(getparam agent_server)"
>     CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
> fi

I insertet these lines after:
echo_x "HELLO NXSERVER - Version $NX_VERSION $NX_LICENSE"

Is this right? But that did not take affect - same problem...
> PS: If none of those options work for you (or take too much time to understand / implement) you can also use commercial support / commercial customization. If that is what you need, drop me a mail in private.

Thank you! I would prefere to take the "freenx" so I tried that mailing
list. I have one server with commercial nxserver 1.5.0, but i don't like
the Nomachine! support...

Greetings

Phil