[FreeNX-kNX] host machine behind proxy

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed Oct 17 08:31:59 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Bastian Kames wrote:
> I hobe you meen behind a firewall....
>
> You have forward the ssh port 22 and same channel for example 5000-5050.
> TCP if you want to connet from outsite of your lan.

If 'Disable SSL encryption of all traffic' is not checked in 3.0.0 clients,
or 'Enable SSL encryption of all traffic' is checked on 2.1.0 or earlier
clients, then only the ssh port needs forwarding. Other ports will be
tunnelled over the ssh connection. This is advisable over the internet
anyway, but if you are using drive sharing, print forwarding or sound then
it'll be _much_ easier than finding all the ports that need forwarding for
these to work.