[FreeNX-kNX] Fw: Fw: The NX service is not available

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Oct 15 23:26:21 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 23:24 +0200, sohbay at gmail.com wrote:

> update:
>
> I have copied nxloadconfig into /etc/nxserver and ran the setup again
>
> /usr/share/doc/freenx-0.7.0/nxsetup --install

According to the 'which' error (who looks for the program/bash-script
'nxloadconfig'), it looks like the package you installed with yum should
have installed the FreeNX binaries in '/usr/NX/bin'. Check if that
directory is there, and if the binaries are missing in that folder, I
would recommend to remove the package with yum again. Then remove/rename
the '/usr/NX/' directory (and all other FreeNX folders/files you can
find (use 'locate' as given in previous mail)), and finally reinstall
with yum again.
If all goes well this time, the binary files for FreeNX should have been
placed in /usr/NX/bin/.

You should then run the setup again, but _NOT_ from the documentation
directory (as you have done so far), with the command:
/usr/NX/bin/nxsetup

(of course, my thoughts here are based on that the FreeNX files/folders
are placed in '/usr/NX/', which could be wrong, but the adapt it to the
place where the 'yum'-package places them.

If this still fails, I would contact the package maintainer and ask him
what to do, as I have not much experience with Fedora, or it's likes....

Maybe someone with experience with Fedora could step up here.....? ;-)

PS! Try to write your comments below (under) and not above (over) the
lines of interest like you did here - it helps a lot when trying to
understand the mail-exchange/thread :-)

/Terje

<Big-Snip>