[FreeNX-kNX] Dropping Connection

Christopher Layne clayne at anodized.com
Sun Oct 14 05:11:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:34:26AM +0100, Tom Barber wrote:
> When I say kicked off, the clients just exit. Drop out without warning,
> if I've got both windows and linux clients open they both drop out at
> the same time, and yes it does only seem to happen when I'm using NX,
> but for example if I've got putty open in the background it will close
> that as well. It also seems to drop out quicker when I put the server
> under a bit of strain, starting the pentaho server in it and opening
> firefox normally does it.
>
> I started up the server logging and looked into the client logs...

As a simple experiment, try this:

In putty, ssh somewhere, then right-click on the title bar and select
"change settings", then "connection" and set a timeout if one isn't
already set (default is 0). Then leave it in the background and come
back to it 10 minutes later and see if it's still connected.

If it is, it would seem to be an ssh heartbeat issue.

-cl