[FreeNX-kNX] The NX service is not available

sohbay at gmail.com sohbay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:42:37 UTC 2007

Hello group,

I had freenx working fine on my fedora core 7.8 last week , but now it says the following-

The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host

I have pasted in the key but as you can see from the log its showing "Authentication failed.?

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2260
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address:  on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

if I try to start nxserver by typing nxserver --start it just say command not found!

I have removed nx server and NX using yum and re-installed them both and pasted in the key but it just will not work!

Can anyone please help me, I have been trying for days :(

Thanks

Tom