[FreeNX-kNX] Question about loadbalance

Simon Gao gao at schrodinger.com
Mon Oct 8 23:19:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'd like to set up a FreeNX gateway machine. All this machine does is
re-direct incoming connections to other nx nodes. I would like to give
user choice which machine they want to connect to. But this feature does
not seem to work.

Here are related settings in node.conf

LOAD_BALANCE_ALGORITHM="random"

# By setting ENABLE_LOADBALANCE="1" you can let users choose their
# preferred host, while being forwarded to another server. Of course
# this is just a preference. The loadbalancing algorithm can completely
# choose to ignore the users choice.

ENABLE_LOADBALANCE="1"

Anything else I need to configure or add to make this working?

I am using freenx-0.7.0.

Simon