[FreeNX-kNX] Upcoming release 10/10 and status of redesign

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:53:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

Is a SQL backend for session data really needed? It would seem that a
simple API for storing session data could be defined, and a backend
could use whatever it needed to store and synchronize the data with
other clients if necessary. I definitely see how a SQL database is
useful when you have load balanced servers that need to share data.
However, it seems a little overkill to store the little but of session
data in a database, and makes setup much more difficult.

I would at least provide an sqllite backend that is set up by default,
so you don't have to worry about it while setting up freenx.

Thats just my $.02, i hope its helpful:)