[FreeNX-kNX] Vmware

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Nov 27 13:25:36 UTC 2007

Paul van der Vlis schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to install Windows XP in VMware on a machine what uses
> FreeNX. The installation works fine till I install the VMware drivers,
> after that i get a "signal 11" and XP crashes. I installed 2 times, and
> both the same problem. Is VMware's driver not-compatible with FreeNX?
>
> If yes, does somebody know which part of the driver is not compatible?
> (mousedriver, videodriver).
>
> Or is here somebody who uses VMware with XP and driver without any
> problems with FreeNX? Please tell.
>
> I am using FreeNX 0.60, NXclient 1.5.0-113, VMware workstation 5.5.5,
> NXserver version 1.5.0-60 OS GPL.
> The thin-client is very minimal (Thinstation 2.2).

I found out the following:

- I can run this VM without problems on the server, as the same user.
- I can run another VMware VM without problems on the thin-client, with
all drivers installed. This is an older installation what I updated to
the newest version drivers.

What the problem exactly is, I don't now. I have copied now the other VM
to that user, and it works. But I get that "signal 11" when I fit the
client into the window (that's a menu-option in VMware). Maybe the other
VM is doing this automatically.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--