[FreeNX-kNX] Partial black screen and garbled images

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:32:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 11:13 PM, Holger Krull <holger.krull at gmx.de> wrote:
> Mark Van De Vyver schrieb:
>
> > For anyone else travelling along this way...

> > I my case the unix-kde -> vnc-local was remedied by setting in
> > /etc/nxserver/node.conf:
> >
> > ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=0
>
> Strange. I don't had to change this on any computer, neither 32 Bit or 64 Bit.
> I do get the session chooser too, with the vnc-connect entry, but if i hit 'new' NX starts as expected and KDE starts.

I too see that behavior if ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=1, however I am not
able to suspend/disconnect a session - I suspect this is related to a
client issue.  So with ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=0 I see the session type
unix-kde is preserved (/var/log/nxserver.log)

Also an exchange on the suse bug has revealed that the NX server
version in nxloadconfig is set to 1.5.0-70.
I've changed this to 2.1.0 and enabled the 2.0 backend option in
node.conf, but that hasn't helped me any.

the hunt continues, at least now I'm only trying to get
disconnect-resume working.

Regards
Mark