[FreeNX-kNX] Native window icons on MS-Windows

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 21:16:46 UTC 2007

> I tried www.nomachine.com/testdrive.php, that works fine.
> Next I tried to use the "NX Free Edition" and copied the FreeNX binaries
> into /usr/NX/bin.
> This also worked fine.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by my self-compiled files (from the NX
> Sources).
> Perhaps the source code from Nomachine lacks this feature?

I doubt it. I guess its a configuration issue somewhere.

Perhaps if you compile with --prefix=/usr/NX it works for you too? Or something like that ...

> I could live with the solution to use the precompiled files from
> Nomachine.
> Does anybody know if there are licensing issues?

I am not sure. That is why I had doubts about telling someone how to do it.

> Can I use binaries from "freeware" that is limited to 2 concurrent
> connections with those binaries that cause the limitation replaced by
> GPL programs?

Technically the program is GPLed and published so you'd have access to the source anyway, but as NoMachine is holding all copyrights to some parts, they could theoretically add things to their builds, which are not GPL licensed.

> That was the main reason I prefered to compile it myself.

Yeah, I can understand it.

Perhaps asking _nicely_ at NoMachine might help?

cu

Fabian