[FreeNX-kNX] NX crashing X in Fedora 8

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 16 22:58:10 UTC 2007

Fedora8-i386 . Can't start X .
This problem happens after two installs of Fedora 8 and NX, It crashes
Fedora 8 and I have to do a fresh install.
NX is changing something that affects X running in Fedora.

NXserver-3.0.0-74.i386.rpm  NXclient-3.0.0-84.i386.rpm
NXnode-3.0.0-88.i386.rpm

I can install NXclient and reboot and X will come up.
If I install NXnode and reboot then that is when X won't start (crashes)

No EE messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log . So this is not a problem in
xorg.conf
I log in as root and startx, and X goes to a gray screen with a X (mouse
pointer) in center of screen and stops there, if I ctrl-alt-backspace,
it gives me the below error messages:

giving up.
Xinit: no such file or directory (errno 2): Unable to connect to X server.
Xinit: no such process (errno3): Server error

I had box installed and running, updated and installed NX and rebooted
box and then this error happen.
I changed from radeon to vesa driver in xorg.conf, and still same error.