[FreeNX-kNX] black screen after authentication

Michael Oevermann michael.oevermann at tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 16 17:58:41 UTC 2007

Am 16.11.2007 um 18:10 schrieb Fabian Franz:

>> When I do now a
>>
>> $ su - user
>> $ DISPLAY=:1000 xterm
>>
>> I get the error
>>
>> xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :1000
>
> Hm, and nxagent is really listeing on that port? (See ps aux | grep
> nxagent)

No its not, its listening on 1002 (ps aux | grep nxagnet gives

oeverman  9563  0.1  0.2 70672 22804 ?       S    18:49   0:00 /usr/
lib/NX/nxagent -persistent -R -name NX - oeverman at m01.local:1002 -
test (GPL Edition) -option /Users/oeverman/mac/.nx/C-
m01.local-1002-0607BEF3DED9220AEDCD57DF09FA6CAF/options -keyboard
pc102/ :1002

With DISPLAY=:1002 xterm I get the xterm on the client machine
again.

Its not so easy to give you acces as the machine as it is not
reachable from the outside  internet. You would need also access to
the only machine at our institute which allows connections from
outside. I don't know IRC but I will have a look
at it.

Michael