[FreeNX-kNX] Fedora 8 working for anyone?

Simon Gao gao at schrodinger.com
Fri Nov 16 00:32:57 UTC 2007

> I am making some progress. Now self test works. However I did find some
> problem like file permission and ownership is not right.
>
> # ls -ld /var/lib/nxserver/
> drwx------ 4 498 root 4096 2007-11-14 10:24 /var/lib/nxserver/
>
> I also found that authroized_keys file refer to /usr/bin/nxserver, but
> authorized2_keys refers to /usr/libexec/nx/nxserver. Also I have to use
> authorized_keys2 because authroized_keys can't find nxserver in /usr/bin.
>
> # ssh -i /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key nx at localhost
> HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-70 OS (GPL)
> NX> 105 quit
> quit
> Quit
> NX> 999 Bye
> Connection to localhost closed.
>
> However my remote connection still failed with password authentication.

After setting to use .ssh/authorized_keys2 in /etc/ssh/sshd_confing, now
both following worked:

/usr/libexec/nx/nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key
ssh -i /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key nx at localhost

How to generate host private and public keys that are for the running
host now?

Simon