[FreeNX-kNX] Problems getting RDP to work.

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 22:00:01 UTC 2007

> Ok.  I logged onto the CentOS machine and did 'whereis nxdesktop_helper'
>
> the result was /usr/bin, not /usr/NX/bin where I have been editing.  I
> copied the new nxdesktop_helper into /usr/bin and tried to connect and
> got the following:

Client logs alone never say out anything. We always need the server log as well.

Well, perhaps the permissions are now wrong?

If so a

$ chmod 755 /usr/bin/nxdesktop_helper

Perhaps you also got a syntax error. If so a

$ bash -n  /usr/bin/nxdesktop_helper

should reveal the mistake.

But I am confused on CetOS as far as I have understood the nx binaries are installed to /usr/libexec/nx/.

But perhaps this is not the case for the nxdesktop_helper.

cu

Fabian