[FreeNX-kNX] Printing to Windows client from FreeNX server session

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 21:49:33 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I am a little further this time. The issue with mount error 6
> disappeared after a little while, strangely.
>
> But, I believe that the NoMachine's nxclient (3.0.0-84) is trying to
> use port 139 by default for proxying, and not 445. Can someone please
> confirm or deny this?

Why don't you just open the port 139 for Filesharing on the SP2? It is possible somehow even without a new loopback adapter.

And I remembered how:

Windows Firewall, Exceptions, File and Printersharing, Edit or Port you find Port 139 and can enable it for usage.

If I see this correctly using port 139 is exactly what you want as smbprint WONT WORK WITH CIFS running under a different port than 445.

The client uses whatever the server since version 2.1.0 is sending him.

If the server says:

"Filesharing port: 139"

the client will use that.

If the server says:

"Filesharing port: 445"

the client will use that.

the server will send 139 if SAMBA_MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL is smbfs and 445 if it is cifs.

cu

Fabian

> This is what I am seeing on the client's session file while performing
>
> smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -I 127.0.0.1 -p 4000 -U user

And smbclient did work with port 445 forwarded?

To explain further: Samba under linux always speaks the same protocol on 445 or 139.