[FreeNX-kNX] freenx misparsing options?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 02:01:39 UTC 2007

> I'm using NX client for Windows 2.1.0-17 and freenx-0.7.0-2.fc8. The
> connection
> goes through authentication, and then dies with "signal 15". The
> ~/.nx/session
> file has this:
>
> NXAGENT - Version 2.1.0
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2006 NoMachine.
> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.
>
> Info: Agent running with pid '4417'.
> Session: Starting session at 'Tue Nov 13 02:05:08 2007'.
> Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '4417'.
> Info: Waiting for connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '5000'.
> Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '15'.

This means that nxnode killed the agent before a connection was started.

This can happen if the command for startup of GNOME or KDE cannot be found.

This problems started occuring especially after Distros started to add dbus-launch to the commands.

You can check this in normal cases via nxloadconfig --check.

Or try a custom session.

cu

Fabian