[FreeNX-kNX] Problems getting RDP to work.

Iain Paton nxdevnull at darkvoyage.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 17:04:12 UTC 2007

Stephen Kent wrote:
> Ok.  That worked great.  I had to learn a few new things but that is
> a good thing.  Now my issue is that I'd like the connections to be in
> full color.  In the setup of NX Client for Windows 3, I have checked
> the custom settings and selected 16M colors.  Connecting then still
> only gives me 256 colors.
>
> Any ideas on this?

Sorry, I don't.  The systems I connect to all seem to default to 16bit,
although I don't know why.

Changing the colour depth in the clients custom settings makes no
difference either.
I suppose you could take a dump of the environment vars when
nxdesktop_helper is running and see if there's something in there that
you could pass to rdesktop with -a

Nothing obvious to use on my system, so you'll probably need to dig a
bit deeper to see if the client bothers to pass the bit depth to freenx
and if so where it gets lost.

Personally I'd probably try just modifying nxdesktop_helper to call
rdesktop with a suitable -a option and see if you can force it to do
what you want while you're looking for how to do it properly.

Iain