[FreeNX-kNX] freenx is dead !

Blindauer Emmanuel freenx at mooby.net
Wed Nov 7 17:51:29 UTC 2007

Le Wednesday 07 November 2007 15:46:36 cedric briner, vous avez écrit :
> Emmanuel Blindauer wrote:
> > Hi
> > It's not because you can install freenx on your platform that the project
> > is dead.
> > For example, Mandriva has packages for nx libs and freenx since...
> > Mandriva 10.2, so several years, and all packages are working correctly
> > :)
>
> exactly,
> but you do not offer an alternative to the package system. Did you ever
> try to install it by hand by following the readme. As I said b4, I'm a
> fan of freenx... But I've unable to install it by myself. And I'm
> getting stuck with an old freenx.
>
> Since this topic, I've launched a new thread called:
> howto install it manually on debian(etch)
> and it seems that nobody want to help people building it by themself.
> which will also help people from other distro to install it (solaris,
> slackware...)
>
> > If debian/ubuntu can't provide such a package that's a distrib problem.
> > Installing  freenx itself is so simple, only copy/paste what's in
> > INSTALL file.
>
> How can you make such package when it is such a pain to install it by
> yourself.

Follow the README.
I've build .deb for nx and freenx without any problem, the most diffucult part
was to learn how .deb are built.
I don't understand where is the difficulty to follow what is written in the
doc....
If you had looked the archive before asking, you had seen that I've posted an
URL to my .deb, the 2007/06/15 20:45 for the nx libs.

Again, I find the installation of freenx *trivial*, Fabian has made a good job
for that.

Emmanuel