[FreeNX-kNX] Client-side CUPS printing

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Nov 5 23:08:16 UTC 2007

Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> When I start up kprinter, kprinter comes up, but just freezes in this
> situation. Is there a way that I can manually test the smb printer
> sharing and then start debugging in detail?

Looks like kprinter is trying to contact the CUPS server, but can't.
This "freeze" should be over after a timeout of 30 or 60 seconds.

Which version of KDE/kdelibs are you running?

There used to be a bug, where the freeze timeout didn't happen; can't
remember which KDE version fixed this.

To get rid of the freeze, look what the "Host=" and "Port=" fields in
~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintrc do contain. If that is indeed garbage,
edit the values to "127.0.0.1" and "631" (and start a cupsd on that
machine) to see if this indeed was the cause of kprinter's freeze.