[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx, Nomachine and 2X?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Nov 5 21:17:38 UTC 2007

-----Opprinnelig melding-----

Well, not exactly....

IIRC;

2X bought a license for NoMachine NX 1.5 (they do other things too, besides
NX terminal server), which they then decided to release as GPL (in
accordance to their license from NoMachine).

NoMachine is the original maker of the NX-technology and they have release
the NX-protocol as GPL (the server (NXServer) is commercial, and the client
is free to use (but not open source)).

FreeNX is a standalone project which uses the GPL'd NX-protocol to achieve
the same as NXServer from NoMachine, and is licensed under GPL.

/Terje