[FreeNX-kNX] Client-side CUPS printing

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Sat Nov 3 18:44:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am having some trouble configuring the NoMachine's nxclient and
FreeNX server with client-side printing option (I don't even know if
this is supposed to work at all).

I have a CUPS server (SuSE Linux 10.2) in my network which is behind a
firewall (10.*.*.* IP address) which connects to 2 different HP
JetDirect printers. All my Linux systems connect to this CUPS server
for printing.

I have a FreeNX server (SuSE Linux 10.2 and FreeNX-0.7.0-3.1) running
in a different network beyond these firewalled systems (public
internet). On the FreeNX server, I have CUPS and cups drivers installed.

I am trying to connect from one of the Linux systems (SuSE Linux 10.2
with NoMachine's nxclient (3.0.0-84) to this FreeNX server with CUPS
printing enabled from the client side.

But as soon as the nxclient is started and authentication details
given, it gives a message saying "Can't launch CUPS server" and in the
terminal it says "cupsd: child exited with status 127".

Any idea if this is the correct approach to take or if I am missing
something? I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Prakash