[FreeNX-kNX] Manual Installation How-To

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:27:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:26:08 -0500, Brent Davidson wrote:

> Well, after all the trouble I had initially installing FreeNX before I
> found the updated packages for Centos 5 I decided to put my experience to
> good use and write a Manual Installation How-To.  PDF is attached to this
> e-mail.  Please let me know if any revisions are needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Brent Davidson

That is an excellent writeup on the installation. I only have one comment.

As you mentioned, FreeNX is available for CentOS 5 (and CentOS 4 as well).
The installation of NX / FreeNX server could be as easy as (thanks to
Johnny Hughes):

yum install nx freenx

More detailed instructions are found at:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX

Perhaps, you would like to refer to this wiki article in your How-To for
those who are running CentOS?

Akemi Yagi