[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot load long webpage in NX

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Tue Mar 27 10:56:38 UTC 2007

> memory info ...

snip ...

> Then the client crashes.

exactly, Xorg/Xfree eats up the free memory and X crashes

> > Disabling backing store on client might help with not image-related
> > memory usage.

it does NOT help with this problem, it does nothing at all at the client side
(put as an option to Xorg)

> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

As far as I researched I found (I think) that the core of the problem is an
built in extension in Xorg that is called MIT-SHM which cashes
images/graphics in memory which is used by Xorg to recall recently opened
images from memory in opposite to redraw them again. I couldn't find a way to
disable it and the solution may be to change the source of Xorg as Fabian
said in his post.
Does anyone have an idea how to disable this "feature" in Xorg?
In my case memory is more important (in financial view) than a little
performance issue.