[FreeNX-kNX] How do I run nxplugin in a webbrowser window?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 19 12:14:10 UTC 2007

> I've been trying to get nxplugin to run in a browser window, both with
> freenx and nomachine, but without any success. The plugin installs on
> the client, loads and uses the correct session-file, but it's being
> run in another window. How do I run it directly in the browser window?

Linux or Windows?

> I've been _longing_ for that, because it would enable me to easily
> create an interface like VMWare's Server Console, where you have a
> horisontal list of VMs at the top of the screen, and the desktop on
> the rest. With NX, this would be even better, since the desktop would
> scale to fit the rest of the available area. If I could only make it
> work. It should be possible, shouldn't it? Being Java and all?

The plugin is run natively.

But at least under linux you can add some code from plugger to use XReparentWindow to include it in browser window.

Under windows NXWin would need to be forced to display to the Plugin AREA ...

Else there is no solution for this at the moment ...

Besides using a Java X Server, which does work, but has some culprits ...

cu

Fabian