[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.6.0.99 snapshot with full printing support and some bugs fixed

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 14:03:33 UTC 2007

> (I'm sending that mail again, I had some trouble with my mail server, so
> you didn't perhaps recieve this mail, of th answer was dropped)

I did receive it, but had no time to answer it.

> Hi,
> I'm looking in the code from nxnode, to find out why I can't get printer
> work, and to understand a little better what is going on.

Okay. Please use SVN if possible.

> I have a question about the way 'addprinter' or 'smbmount' works
>
> How should that work ?
>
> to add an share "cmd_node_smbmount &>/dev/null </dev/null &"
>
> Why is the command backgrounded  ("&") ? (and why STDIN/STDERR are
> redirected?)

The cmd_node_smbmount is backgrounded, because smbmount can hang indefinitely.

stdout/stderr are redirected, because else those outputs are sent to the client.

stdin is redirected so that nxnode-login is not blocked, whioch hinders the progress, which leads to client hangs.

cu

Fabian