[FreeNX-kNX] can not connect to NXServer

Gerardo Mondragon egmondragonm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 18:50:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

I Have this problem: I can not connect the Linux
NXclient neither knx to the NXserver. The server is
running on Suse 10.
I ran a basic server installation:
   nxserver --install --setup-nomachine-key

To test the server I connected from a Windows PC in
which I installed the NXClient and everything went
just fine it connects right away, no problems at all.

The problem is when I tried to connect from a Linux
client (running Suse 9, Mandriva 2007), I just can not
make it to work, I got the following error: (i tried
both clients NXClient and knx)
"Connection to NX server can not be establish.
Connection time out."
In both cases I got the same result.

Also I run the knk client in the Server and try to
connect to itself, but got the same error :-(

I already tried few things I have found but without
any luck,like:
I turn off the AppArmour,
I turn off the firewall,
I verified that sshd is running.