[FreeNX-kNX] NX-client to authenticate against AD?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 21:41:00 UTC 2007

> My TODO-list is growing faster than  I can read it :)

Ha ha, love that line.

> So let's start with the beginning.
> I don't know how suse manages users and AD authentication, but that not
> really
> the point here.
> The starting point is "getent passwd" should give you all users in the AD,
> and
> logging into kde and by ssh with an AD-user must work.

Exactly. Make sure normal SSH logins via password do work.

> ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1"

While we are at it, if ssh does not work, but su - does, you can also use su -, to make it work.

ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="0"
ENABLE_SU_AUTHENTICATION="1"

Note that then nx user must be in group wheel or similar:

The following should then work

root at host $ sudo -u nx /bin/sh
nx at host $ su - user
Password: ******